Monday, September 8, 2008

No Sugar Added

Can you believe that there are people in this world who don't give thier children cereal with tons of food coloring and sugar? Well I do! But my kids think otherwise. Buying cereal today was frustrating. I clearly stated they could have these types of cereal with dried fruits in them or plain. And they kept bringing me boxes of Capt Crunch, Coco Puffs, Trix and whatever else they could find. I think the grocery stores should have to put all that junk up on the top shelves.LOL Even if it's just for my sanity. Once I figured out D had issues with sugar in the mornings I cut it out almost completely. Not even Nutrigrain bars because of the sugar content. He gets syrup on waffles and that is about it. For his morning intake of sugar that is. And we clearly have seen a difference in him. Now I know what my mom was talking about when she took my sugar cereals away when I was little. I just don't know why it has taken me almost seven years to figure out this boy. Oh well better late than never.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah, better late than never. I let my kids have A box of sugar cereal once a month and when it is gone it is gone. More than mom let us have, but...oh well. I shouldn't let them eat it, they ping off the walls afterwards...I think I am just punishing myself really!