Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wow what a week. I finally got called into work this week at East High school. I was so excited to be there I didn't care what I got to do in the kitchen. So dummy me says, " I can do dishes." Wrong move. Holy crap cafeteria pots and pans are heavy. After an hour of washing dishes BY HAND my shoulders hurt so bad. Then it moved down my back... UUUGGGG. I won't be offering to do dishes ever again. Although, I will do them if that's the only thing left to be done. The rest of the week I was incharge of setting up the salad bar. Which wasn't too hard. I use to do it all the time about 13 yrs ago. LOL not much has changed. Except the kids HAVE TO HAVE thier cookies n cream pudding crap. BLEK it was grose. And I got to take instruction from an asian woman who spoke poor english. You, Kitchen, ICE, ICE IN KITCHEN. OK where? So she had to physically show me. Because I couldn't understand 90% of what she was saying. Also public high school kids are spoiled! They have a snack shack, hot food line, pizza and hotddog line, sub sandwich and wrap line, and the salad bar line. It's hard work but I actually like it. I want to stay there for as long as possible. Because that's the school the boys will go to when they're old enough. After a week of bustin my rear end I will be excited to see my first check on the 15th of next month. My first real check since I quit Fedex.

Thursday was Tylers second football game. His team did better than last time but they still lost 3-1. As long as he is having fun, that's all that matters to me.

No comments: