Monday, August 4, 2008

The boys are home.




....And it feels like all hell broke loose. Wow it was semi quiet with them at camp. Other than David thinking he needed to make more noise and talk a 100xs more than normal it was a fairly quiet week.
It was a hot one too. I think David really enjoyed his time with just Darren and I. We kept busy going to different pools and eating out. Thursday night I took David to the fair. Man-O-Man was it hot out! It had to have been close to 100. And the humidity was so bad. I got him the tickets for the rides and he did one ride and was ready to come home. But I said "too bad so sad buddy I bought these tickets for you and your going to use them all up".I was soaked from head to toe in sweat. We ended the evening with Dippin Dots and cotton candy. And we went to Village Inn to eat in an air conditioned building.
The boys came home at different times on Friday. Jake got back around 2:30pm and was glad to be home. He seemed to do alot better than last year. Although he says he doesn't want to go back because they didn't have any A/C. LOL whatever! Tyler came in about 6pm. While I was waiting for him I heard thru the grapevine that his cabin had gotten the flu. Luckily Tyler didn't. But everyone was exposed to it due to one boy puking on the bus all the way back home. It was a long drive. Over 5 hrs from Salina Kansas to Bellevue Nebraska. So knock on wood he still is feeling fine.
Saturday we all went out to Ashland,NE for Darrens work picnic. Again it was freekin hot. But we went anyway to the Double D Ranch. We went on a tram ride that was robbed by cowboys. They did a really cute skit. All the kids plugged thier ears because the caps in thier guns were very loud. I wanted the tram ride to last longer. After we went in and chose out table for the cowboy meal we were to get. Brisket isn't one of my favorite foods. But I ate it. And so did my kids. It was served with cowboy beans and some yummy taders. After dinner we watched a music show for about an hour. Let's just say I am so glad this was a free event. LOL But I am glad we went. It was a good experience for the kids.
I also took the dog to the vet yesterday and she has allergies. I was glad to know I had been treating her properly with the benadryl. And had been giving her fish oil and healthy dog food. LOL I think the vet was semi impressed. LOL and my baby girl weighs a whoppin 90 lbs now. And she will get to have 4 benadryl a day until October. ..

Today is Monday. Tyler starts his allergy testing today. He's not too happy about it. But I know in the long run he will feel better. Maybe by his Freshman year he can play outdoor sports without needing a tissue. After that we may go out to lunch and head to one of the pools. Its going to be 100 again today. Thank goodness the next few days will be in the 80"s. David informed me this morning that there is 4 days until we leave for TX. Sometimes it's nice to have a verbal countdown calendar. LOL.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

4 Benadryl? Holy crap! Do you have any idea how hopped up I'd be. I'd be pinging off the walls worse than all our kids combined. Hmmmm, maybe that's an idea to get me through this move. j/k