Saturday, August 9, 2008

NPS Conference

It's been a whirlwind weekend. Starting with the blog before this one and then driving down to Mary's. That is the highlight of this whole weekend so far. We drove for about 8 hrs on Friday to Arlington, Tx. The people here at the hotel are great. Very friendly and make sure that you know they're here for you. I needed a bandaid and the front desk didn't have one. Well one of the staff went looking. And brought me back practically half a box..LOL

I've met all kinds of people from alot of places. It's pretty cool seeing other people I am not related to have the exact same thumbs as me and my siblings. And seeing all the variations of this syndrome. Some are just as fortunate as my family with being healthy and others are not so lucky. I told Darren last night that I feel very grateful for my nps. There are so many more that are worse off. Webbed arms, glaucoma, kidney issues are just to name a few. Of which my family doesn't really suffer any of those major defects.

I came here imagining that the doctors who were speaking would be more like the other nps'ers with wanting to check out me and the boys hands and nails. LOL the crooked finger actually has a name. But I'm not a doctor and I'm sure there's a more technical name but the other name they describe the finger is Swan Necked. So anyway, after being here a day and a half not one doctor has come up to ask me about mine or the boys nails, elbows, knees, or kidneys. Which I find kind of discouraging. I did see alot of people asking the doctors alot of questions about this n that. But I have no questions really. I am very comfortable with how I am made. And the boys and I don't have any real medical issues. After being here the boys and I look very "normal" compaired to many nps'ers. I'm sure I will add more to this paragraph another day when I've had more time to think about it.

Jake and Davids most favorite thing to do was probably swimming. LOL . Jake got to meet a couple of kids. one thirteen yr old boy Evan he really took a liking to. But I think it's because was a computer nerd. Litterally, he at 13 runs his own servers. What ever the heck that is. But jake sure thought it was cool. I found David playing more with the siblings that didn't have nps. I mingled with a few people. One lady was from Kenai Alaska , a 16 yr old girlfrom NJ who diagnosed herself 2 years ago even after her doctor told her she didn't have nps. That little girl is full of fire she went back and shoved the evidence into that doctors face saying " I told you so!" She has decided that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. We need more people like her. Let's see there's a few people from California (and We're not related-- lol ). Quite a few from the midwest and or the north eastern states. And one gal from the UK but lives in the states married to a military man.

Good grief I could go on n on about today. But I won't..lol Although I will add a pic of who all showed up.

If you read this on 8-10-08 please pray that the boys n I have a safe trip back home.

tty all soon

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Drive safe!

Sarah said...

Yeah, and for so long, we thought it was just our little family thing! Who'd a thought...