Monday, August 18, 2008

Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave

Yesterday morning I was trying to figure out what I wanted to post about from the past few days. And nothing really extravagant popped into my head. So I decided to bag it.
School started last Tuesday and it was a wonderful week. Back into routine. Dropping the kids off at school then off to the gym for me. I love it. The dog loves it. Because now she gets walked everyday from 2:15 - 3:15 in the afternoon. I chose that time to walk her because it gives me time to wear her 90lb hiney out and then we go up to the school and get the boys. At this point all she can think about is getting home to drink water and lay in a cool spot.
This morning while working out and sweating my rear off I was thinking about how Sunday went. And I realized that we live in an awesome counrty. Yesterday was our church's lake baptism at Chris Lake. A family from our church has a house out there. Well anyway after the music was over Pastor Steve said a few words and someone gave his testimony. Which was awesome by the way. Then down to the water everyone went. The church does this once a year so its a huge thing. As people were claiming thier profession and being baptized the Thunderbirds from the Air Show flew over. There's not too many places in this world that you can be publicly baptized and watch our nations protectors fly over at the same time. I just thought that was really cool and needed to share. Just when we think our country is going to crap. Something excellent happens. I am very thankful we live here.
On another note I'm still doing my best to lose weight. It's only the 2nd week so I hope to see some results soon. But now I have to clean this dissaster we call a house. Hope you all have a great week.
Oh ya I forgot to add that Jenny learned a new trick. If you tell her BANG! she will lay down and roll over. And stays until I say OK.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh that IS cool. I'm going to have to get used to having planes and copters flying over us myself. We'll be in the flight path for maneuvers from Willow Grove and The Gap when they do them.