Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Getting Ready

Today I will be packing for Texas. Hopefully I will get everything done that I need to. My back went out on me Monday morning. So everything I do right now is a huge challenge. But dagnabbitt I am going to Texas! So I will work thru the pain. Jake and I got the truck washed and vacuumed last night, so that's one thing done. I still haven't done any house work and the floor is covered in dog hair. Which is nothing new. Although I have started laundry. So that's one less thing I have to do today. The younger two are getting thier hairs all trimmed up. I am letting my friend Susan do it. ONLY because I can't stand there and buzz them myself today or yesterday. Litterally can't stand, if I stand the wrong way or put pressure on my foot wrong I am toast. So I'll pay someone..lol.
As I was cleaning up after the dog Monday evening I noticed something moving in her stools. Well crap! She has worms! UUGGGG So off to petco I went. She took the meds like candy. Infact she takes anything I give her like candy. Which makes it really nice that I don't have to fight her. She even likes it when I shove the 4 benadryl down her throat. Only because she knows she will be getting a Treat.
The boys and I are getting excited to visit with Mary, Mitch , and Emily. Mitch is finally back from Iraq. 3 tours was enough for him and now he is trying to retire. A gal named Joan will be coming with us to the conference too. I met her once at Mary's house. And all I could think was "wow she looks alot like my side of the family". After the conference I will be taking Joan home so I am sure we will have tons of time to compair stories.
The boys start school on the 12th so this is going to be a whirlwind trip. I'll post again when we get home. Have a good week and weekend!

No comments: